A/N: Andrea Hobbs’ profile! I know this one’s a bit briefer than the one i wrote for Sharon, but i’ll probably add to this as i go along. Any thoughts on this whole endeavour would be excellent; i think the next character i’m going to attempt is going to be Brenda Leigh Johnson. For now though, let’s hope i got Andrea right!
Text under the cut!
Variants include the colander helmet, and the bucket helmet.
A/N: This isn’t really a fic, per se, since it’s only a character building exercise for now. But this has been partially inspired by fuckyeahbrendasharon's theme of “AU”. I can't promise any fic at present moment, but world/character building has always been a fun thing for me… So…This is Sharon's profile; the next character i'm probably going to work on is probably Andrea Hobbs. Because, y'know, i'm biased.
Let me know if you think this is alright! I might come back and add to it later, we’ll see.
Text under cut!
Wand: Cedar, with a dragon heartstring core. 10 ½ inches. Carriers of Cedar wood wands are described as having “strength of character and unusual loyalty”, and are possessed of great “perspicacity and perception”. Ollivander has expressed the belief that he has "never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them."
1. Before Hogwarts
- Born to pureblood parents, Sharon Athena Byrne was one of four sisters (her sisters were named Helena, Ophelia and Natalie)
- Patrick Byrne, her father, was a handsome, good-humoured Gryffindor who was a delegate of the International Confederation of Wizards.
- Maeve Byrne (nee Brennan), her mother was a powerful witch from Ireland, said to have descended from Medb. She was an academic in her own right, a great potion master of her age. Horace Slughorn had taught her, and she had been in his Slug Club.
2. At Hogwarts
- Sharon’s mentor at Hogwarts was Professor Minerva McGonagall; save for their House differences, they were extremely similar. Professor McGonagall took Sharon under her wing whilst Sharon was schooling, and Sharon often confided in the Gryffindor head, unusual behaviour for one not from Gryffindor itself.
- Sharon was always adept at transfiguration, with an uncanny instinct when it came to figuring out what an object had been transfigured from. Her skills in forensic magic were encouraged by both Professors McGonagall and Flitwick, who often collaborated to come up with new challenges combining both charmwork and transfiguration for Sharon.
- In her 5th year Sharon asked Professor McGonagall to consider taking her on as an animagus student, and McGonagall accepted. It took Sharon the better part of 2 years, but she finally mastered her animagus form at the beginning of her 7th year; like McGonagall her form is that of a domestic cat, though that of the slightly more exotic Egyptian Mau.
- Sharon was also a Prefect and Head Girl when she was at Hogwarts. She also played Quidditch as a Beater for Ravenclaw.
- Her familiar is, unusually, a bird of prey; a Goshawk named Iphigenia.
3. After Hogwarts
- Upon graduation with 6 NEWTS, Sharon took on a special Masters level research project with a former Defence Against the Dark Arts tutor of Hogwarts, Professor Galatea Merrythought. The two developed a close bond, Merrythought’s strict work ethic influencing Sharon as much as Professor McGonagall did in her formative years.
- This research project further honed Sharon’s skills in forensic magic, combining the theories that Flitwick and McGonagall had developed whilst working with her with defensive and offensive spells.
- It was during her time with Professor Merrythought that Sharon met Jackson Raydor, one day at Diagon Alley. They met in Flourish and Blotts, where Sharon was searching for an introductory text to the International Statute of Secrecy. Sharon was impressed by Jackson’s eloquence, and after a quick romance decided to marry.
4. At the Ministry
- Sharon began her life in the ministry at the Wizengamot Administration Services, as she had been given a scholarship by that department to study muggle law (at Berkeley Law) so she could take a position in the International Magical Office of Law. However, the first wizarding war against Voldemort interrupted her education; she returned to the Ministry to bolster the Auror ranks, and after the war was attached to the Improper use of Magic office. She remained there for the better part of 2 decades, rising to prominence as its head of department.
- Her legacy in that department is the expansion of regulations within the Ministry to govern the use of force by various ministry employees on both wizard and muggle kind; previously, it had only been the Ministry of Magical Law Enforcement that was subject to audit by the Improper use of Magic Office. She also ensures that the International Statute of Wizarding secrecy is enforced, often liaising with the Magical Law Enforcement Patrol. Her job has left her consistently at odds with various department heads, who feel that her jurisdiction and sometimes brusque nature has compromised their own investigations and operations. This is particularly true of Deputy Chief of the Investigation Department, Brenda Leigh Johnson.
- Sharon’s husband, one Jackson Raydor, used to work in the Wizengamot’s administrative division, and was on track to being appointed to the bench in the future. However, he fell from favour after the first wizarding war, especially because he became fast friends with Mundungus Fletcher. They have since separated. Sharon had two children with Jackson, Richard and Moira. Richard is a healer at St. Mungos whilst Moira is a dancer with the American Ballet Theatre.
I’m bored so i’m creating a Harry Potter AU set of profiles for our favourite guys and dolls from The Closer and Major Crimes.