- fleur: oh, i have to breathe underwater for an hour? better get myself a bubble of air!
- cedric: yeah, bubble charm seems like the best solution.
- harry: see i didn't think of that but i do have this handy plant.
- everyone: what about you, viktor?
- viktor: IM GONNA BE A FUCKING SHARK
I encounter this phenomenon at least once a week.
This is a thoughtful thing to do for people who might be expecting bad or serious news. My family got in the habit when Grannybarb was really sick, and every time my phone rang I was terrified that it was a Serious Call.
So when we just wanted to chat, my mom and sisters and would text the other person ahead of time, so we knew that it wasn’t serious and we didn’t have to drop everything to take it/steel ourselves emotionally/get to a place where we could flip out if need be.